1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
-I've always been interested in Andy Warhol and I wanted to know more about him so I watched the film. The other film was Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of the ’50s and ’60s and I watched this because I am learning about this in another class.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
-In the first film it discussed the concepts of abstract expressionism that used action painting, color field painting, assemblage, and pop art. The other film (Andy Warhol) further discussed pop art and how it was made using silk screening.
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
-The videos discuss the same things the text does but instead focuses on certain artworks to explain.
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
-I wasn't too fond of the Abstract Expressionism film. It seemed a bit boring even though it went over important concepts. The Warhol film was much more enjoyable to watch although I was hoping to hear him speak about his work instead of having narration. Both films added depth though. They went further and explained in detail about paintings and what they were made of, what the purpose of it was, and what made them so famous for its time.
-I've always been interested in Andy Warhol and I wanted to know more about him so I watched the film. The other film was Abstract Expressionism and Pop: Art of the ’50s and ’60s and I watched this because I am learning about this in another class.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
-In the first film it discussed the concepts of abstract expressionism that used action painting, color field painting, assemblage, and pop art. The other film (Andy Warhol) further discussed pop art and how it was made using silk screening.
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
-The videos discuss the same things the text does but instead focuses on certain artworks to explain.
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
-I wasn't too fond of the Abstract Expressionism film. It seemed a bit boring even though it went over important concepts. The Warhol film was much more enjoyable to watch although I was hoping to hear him speak about his work instead of having narration. Both films added depth though. They went further and explained in detail about paintings and what they were made of, what the purpose of it was, and what made them so famous for its time.
Comments
Post a Comment